Classic Caesar Salad is fresh, crisp, delicious, and flavorful. With three simple ingredients tossed in a creamy Caesar dressing, it's ready in minutes.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped (about cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved or shredded
- 1-2 cups croutons
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing (or less to taste)
For the Caesar salad dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large serving bowl, combine romaine lettuce, parmesan, and croutons.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the salad dressing ingredients. Use a whisk to mix together and stir to combine. (Note that caesar dressing is typically thicker than other dressings. If this recipe is too thick for you, whisk in 1/2 tablespoon of water to thin it out a bit).
- Drizzle salad with caesar salad dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Make ahead instructions: If you want to make caesar salad ahead of time, I recommend combining everything except for the croutons. The croutons will quickly become soggy. Otherwise, everything else will store well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. For best results, store the dressing separately too if you can.
How to store: Store leftover Caesar salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It is best if eating within a day or two because the longer you store it, the more wilted the romaine lettuce will get.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caesar salad, how to make caesar salad, homemade caesar salad, caesar salad recipe