Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is a quick and easy side dish with the best flavor and texture. The best part? This holiday side is ready in under 15 minutes.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Add bacon to a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Leave the bacon fat in the skillet and transfer the bacon onto a plate.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add Brussels sprouts to the pan. Stir well to coat with the bacon fat and cook until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the bacon to the skillet and add balsamic vinegar. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
How to store: Allow the sautéed Brussels sprouts to cool to room temperature, the place in an airtight container refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through.
How to freeze: Spread leftover sprouts and bacon on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours, then transfer into a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. You can reheat then straight from the freezer by sautéing until heated and crisp or baking at 450℉ for 10-15 minutes. You can also air fry leftovers at 400℉ for 7-12 minutes until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brussels sprouts with bacon, bacon brussels sprouts, sauteed brussels sprouts and bacon, bacon and brussels sprouts