Blueberry yogurt muffins are buttery, moist, soft, and cakey and bursting with blueberries in every single bite. They are super quick and easy to make.
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12-tin muffin pan with cupcake liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer to cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg, then add yogurt and vanilla and beat until combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined, and no dry flour particles are visible. Fold in the blueberries (reserve 1/4 cup of them for the top of the muffins).
- Use a medium to large cookie scoop and divide batter evenly into the lines, filling them all the way to the top. Press remaining blueberries on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Equipment used: 12-tin muffin pan, cupcake liners, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a hand mixer or a stand mixer, a cookie scoop (or a spoon) for scooping out the batter, and a wire cooling rack.
How to store blueberry muffins: Freshly baked blueberry muffins, stored in an airtight container, last for up to 2 days at room temperature, or up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
How to freeze blueberry muffins: You can freeze these muffins (baked and cooled) for up to 3 months. To freeze, place them into a freezer bag or airtight container and store in the freezer. To eat, first let them thaw and then enjoy. You can also warm them up, once thawed, in the microwave or in the oven.
How to make jumbo muffins: To make 6 jumbo muffins instead, bake for 22-25 minutes until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry yogurt muffins, blueberry muffins, easy blueberry muffins, the best blueberry muffins, how to make blueberry muffins, berry muffins