Blueberry crisp with a sweet blueberry filling and a buttery, crispy oat topping, is a delicious, fruity treat that's ready in just 45 minutes.
For the blueberry layer:
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
For the oat layer:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine blueberries, lemon juice, flour, and sugar. Gently toss to combine. Evenly distribute the blueberry mixture into the greased pan.
- In another mixing bowl, combine softened butter, oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir together with a rubber spatula until combined. Evenly distribute the topping on top of the blueberry layer.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the top is lightly browned. Place on a wire cooling rack to cool down for 10 minutes, then serve warm with whipping cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Make ahead instructions: You can prepare and assemble the blueberry crisp up to one day in advance. Store it in the refrigerator tightly wrapped with plastic wrap until ready to bake. You can also freeze it (tightly wrapped with plastic wrap) and bake directly from frozen for 15-20 minutes longer.
How to store: Store blueberry crisp is best eaten fresh on the same day. You can store it covered or in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days). Note that storing in the fridge can alter the texture of the crisp.
How to reheat: Reheat leftovers in a preheated 300F oven or air fryer for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry crisp, easy blueberry crisp, how to make blueberry crisp, blueberry dessert