This Blueberry Cake is dense, moist, and chock-full of delicious blueberries with a dusting of cinnamon sugar on top. Prep this coffee cake in 10 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter or oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk together until evenly distributed and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk well to combine all the wet ingredients including milk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix together until just combined and no dry ingredients are visible. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- In a small mixing bowl, add sugar and cinnamon and use a spoon to mix evenly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and top with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert to remove the cake. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack or slice and serve warm.
How to store: Cover with plastic cling wrap, aluminum foil, or place in a zippered plastic bag (squeeze the air out before sealing!) to keep the cake from drying out, and store in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy leftovers cold or heated up in the microwave.
How to freeze: Place the whole cake in an airtight freezer bag, or slice up and carefully arrange the slices to allow for single-serving access. Blueberry cake will keep in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry cake, blueberry coffee cake, blueberry sheet cake, cake with blueberries, coffee cake with blueberries