This beef noodle stir fry is the 20-minute dinner that you have been looking for — quick and easy, delicious and flavorful, and so much better than takeout.
- 8 ounces dried wide egg noodles (about 2.5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces beef flank steak or top sirloin (or leftover roast beef), sliced into bite size strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce or hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or mirin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper or white pepper
- Bring a large cooking pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add egg noodles and a little bit of salt and cook according to package directions, about 6 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok or pan over high heat until sizzling hot, about 1 minute. Add beef and sauté until browned on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. If using leftover roast beef, add it in and cook for 1-2 minutes instead, until starting to warm.
- Add onion, carrot, mushrooms, cabbage, and spinach. Stir well and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and add all the sauce ingredients (soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cumin, and pepper). Toss well and cook for another 2-3 minutes until evenly coated.
- Garnish with white sesame seeds and serve immediately.
How to store: Noodles are best served fresh. If you have leftovers, allow them to cool to room temperature first. Then, transfer the Asian beef noodle stir fry to an airtight container and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How to reheat: Reheat these Chinese beef noodles the same way you cooked it — on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring frequently until warmed through. You can also pop it in the microwave on medium heat in 30-second intervals.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: beef noodle stir fry, chinese beef noodles, stir fried noodles, stir fried beef noodles, chinese noodles,