Mediterranean Beef Kofta Kebabs are juicy, tender, flavorful, and well seasoned . These grilled ground beef skewers are quick and easy to make in 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated or diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- tzatziki sauce (optional, for serving)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef with onion, garlic, parsley, and all the spices including salt, pepper, allspice, paprika, cumin, sumac, cardamom). Mix well until evenly combined. Cover the bowl with plastic cling wrap and set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Take about 1/2 cup of the beef mixture and shape into a cylinder on each skewer. Repeat this step until all the meat is used up. Set the skewers aside on a plate.
- Preheat a grill pan or gas grill over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes and lightly brush the grill with cooking oil. You should notice the oil shimmers and sizzles when it's hot and ready.
- Grill the skewers until cooked through and nicely browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes. Use tongs to flip around a few times to achieve even cooking on all sides. The internal temperature for the beef should reach 160 F as read on a meat thermometer.
- You can also bake beef kofta in the oven or cook in the air fryer.
- To bake in the oven, place the skewers in a single layer in a large half sheet baking pan and cook in a 375F preheated oven for 22-25 minutes until cooked through.
- To cook the air fryer, shape the beef into cylinders or sausage shape without any skewers. Air fry at 375F for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with Tzatziki Sauce.
Make ahead instructions: You can marinate and/or skewer the beef up to one day ahead of time and store in the refrigerator in a covered container. When ready to eat simply skewer them or if already skewered, fire up the grill and cook.
How to store: Keep leftover beef kofta kebabs in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. If serving at a party, make sure your kebabs do not sit out at room temperature for longer than 1-2 hours. If they’re out in hot weather, be sure to get them in the fridge after 30-60 minutes.
How to reheat: Reheat beef kofta kebabs in a 375F preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until hot. You can also unthread from the skewers and reheat in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes at 350F until warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinate Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: beef kofta kebabs, beef kofta, kofta kebabs, mediterranean beef, ground beef skewers,