Banana chocolate chip oatmeal muffins are a quick and easy breakfast or snack that you can meal prep and enjoy all week (or longer if you freeze them).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with cooking oil spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add banana and mash with a fork. Then add egg, oil, and milk. Whisk together until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients inside. Use a large spoon to mix the batter until just combined, and there are no dry flour particles visible.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out the batter and fill in the lined muffin pan, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
How to store muffins: Keep banana oatmeal muffins in an airtight container for up to 2-4 days at room temperature. You can extend their shelf life by storing in the fridge for up to 7-10 days.
How to freeze muffins: Wrap each banana muffin individually in plastic cling wrap. Use two layers and ensure the wrap is tight. Store in the freezer for up to 3-4 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before eating.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana chocolate chip oatmeal muffins, banana muffins with chocolate chips, banana oatmeal muffins, banana oat muffins