Baked curried chicken drumsticks are an easy to make dinner with quick prep and minimal dishes. They're tender, delicious, and packed with flavour.
- 3 lb. chicken drumsticks, with skin (about 10 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the chicken drumsticks. Place them into a ziploc bag.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder, Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar and mix well with a spoon until smooth. Add the marinade into the ziploc bag and toss to combine with the chicken. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the chicken thighs to fully coat. Place the ziploc bag in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Arrange the marinated chicken drumsticks on a large half sheet baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, turning over once halfway through baking, until the skin is crispy and the internal temperature for the chicken reaches 165 F as read on a meat thermometer.
- Let the drumsticks cool for 5 minutes, then garnish with parsley and serve.
How to store: Allow the chicken drumsticks to cool to room temperature, then transfer to a shallow airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. drumsticks in a shallow airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How to reheat: Reheat these baked curried chicken drumsticks uncovered in a 325 F preheated oven for about 20 minutes until warmed through. You can brush or spray them with oil for extra crispy skin. You can also reheat them in the microwave (in increments of 20 seconds until heated all the way through), but they retain their taste and texture better when reheated in the oven.
How to freeze: Allow the cooked chicken drumsticks to cool to room temperature, then transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag. Eliminate as much air as possible to avoid freezer burn. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: South Asian
Keywords: baked curried chicken drumsticks, baked chicken drumsticks, easy chicken drumsticks, curry chicken drumsticks, baked curry chicken