This Baked Cranberry Sauce is an easy and flavorful twist on the classic Thanksgiving side dish. It has a thick, jam-like consistency with the right balance of tartness and sweetness that pairs perfectly with the traditional flavors of the holiday season. All made in the oven with just four ingredients, there is no reason not to try this delicious take on cranberry sauce.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 bag (12 ounce) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a 1-quart baking dish, add orange juice, cranberries, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well to combine.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Stir halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and mash with the back of a spoon until all the sugar has dissolved and the syrupy cranberry sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Let the sauce cool at room temperature. Then, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
How to store: Let the cranberry sauce cool to temperature first, then store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
How to reheat: I prefer serving cranberry sauce cold, but if you like it warm or hot, reheat it on the stovetop for a few minutes.
How to freeze: Store the cranberry sauce in an airtight freezer bag or container and keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked cranberry sauce, how to make cranberry sauce in the oven