Healthy baked cauliflower nuggets are a vegetarian alternative to chicken nuggets. With parmesan panko breading, these bites are baked until crispy.
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, until evenly combined.
- Place beaten eggs into a small bowl. Dip the cauliflower florets in the eggs and then coat it with the breadcrumb mixture. You can gently press the crumbs into the cauliflower florets to adhere as much as possible to them.
- Transfer the breaded cauliflower to a large half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spray them evenly with cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with a side of your favourite dipping sauce such as ranch or BBQ sauce.
How to store: Healthy baked cauliflower nuggets will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days in an airtight container.
How to reheat: Reheat cauliflower bites in a 300F preheated oven or air fryer for 5-10 minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat them in the microwave but their texture will be different as they won't be as crispy.
How to make them vegan: You can make these dairy-free by omitting the Parmesan cheese. If you don’t want to lose out on the cheesy flavour, you can substitute it with vegan Parmesan or nutritional yeast. To make them completely vegan, you can also substitute the egg with a vegan egg binder substitute.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked cauliflower nuggets, healthy cauliflower nuggets, baked cauliflower bites, breaded cauliflower bites, cauliflower