Bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are crispy on the outside, creamy and cheesy inside, spicy, and wrapped in bacon. Easy to make in the air fryer or oven.
- 5 jalapeño peppers, about 3-4 inches long
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block), softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped
- 10 strips bacon
- Prepare the jalapeños by slicing them in half lengthwise and remove all the seeds and membranes. I recommend wearing gloves during the preparation and do not touch your eyes or nose until you take the gloves off.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika, shredded cheese, and green onions. Mix well until smooth and set aside.
- Fill each halved jalapeño with 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. Wrap each with a slice of bacon.
- You can cook these in the air fryer or in the oven:
- Air Fryer instructions: Place the wrapped jalapeño poppers evenly in an air fryer basket. You may have to do this in 2 batches or 2 layers, depending on the size of your air fryer. Air fry at 375 F for 12-14 minutes until the cheese turns golden brown and bacon becomes crispy.
- Oven bake instructions: Place the jalapeño poppers evenly on a large half sheet baking pan and bake in a 400F preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Optionally, you can broil for another 3-5 minutes to make the bacon extra crispy (but keep a close eye on the poppers to make sure they don't burn).
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
Use gloves: I recommend using gloves to prepare these jalapeño poppers. The last thing you want is to have some jalapeño residue on your fingers and then touch your face.
Make ahead instructions: You can prep these jalapeno poppers up to one day ahead of time, store covered in the refrigerator, and pop them into the air fryer and serve fresh at your party or dinner.
How to store: Allow air fryer bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to reheat: These jalapeño poppers taste best when reheated in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 350F. You can also reheat them in a 350F preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until warm and crispy.
How to freeze jalapeño poppers: You can freeze these poppers for up to 3-4 months. To freeze, place them on a baking tray and ensure that none of the poppers are touching each other. Once flash frozen (about 1-2 hours), transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to reheat, heat directly from frozen, adding a few minutes to the reheat time.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetzier
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers, air fryer jalapeno poppers, jalapeno poppers in the air fryer, jalapeno poppers with bacon