Bacon wrapped chicken bites are one of the best appys ever — well seasoned tender juicy chicken is wrapped in bacon and oven-baked to crisp perfection.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lb. boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (9 slice) package bacon strips (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all seasoning (brown sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne, if using) until evenly combined. Add chicken and toss well to coat. Set aside.
- Cut each bacon strip in half crosswise (about 5-inches long) and wrap around each seasoned cubed chicken (There is no need to secure the wrapped chicken bites with toothpicks).
- Arrange the wrapped chicken bites on a parchment-lined quarter sheet baking sheet and brush them with maple syrup and a sprinkle of black pepper to taste. Bake for 25-30 minutes until bacon is crisp.
Get crispier bacon: If you love crispy bacon, you can finish the bacon-wrapped chicken bites up in the oven on the broil setting on high for 1-3 minutes. But keep a close eye on them because they can start to burn quickly!
How to air fry: Preheat the air fryer to 375 F, about 3 minutes. Place bacon chicken nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 15-18 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the internal temperature for the chicken reaches 165 F as read on a meat thermometer.
How to store: Keep leftover bacon wrapped chicken bites in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
How to reheat: Reheat cold chicken bites in a 400F preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until warmed through, or in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes. You can also reheat them in the microwave if you’re in a rush. Place in a bowl and cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave on medium heat for 1-3 minutes until you see the steam rise and fog up the plastic wrap.
How to freeze: These chicken bites also freeze well. You can freeze them either assembled and uncooked OR cooked. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet until hard, about 1-2 hours, then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container and freezer for up to 3 months. Bake them from frozen in a 400 F preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or for 20-30 minutes if cooked.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon wrapped chicken bites, bacon wrapped chicken nuggets, bacon chicken bites, bacon wrapped chicken