It’s back to school and time to fill those lunch-boxes with chewy almond cranberry chocolate granola bars. They’re healthy, vegan, and gluten-free!
- 1 and 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine maple syrup, butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until smooth and until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats and almonds. Pour liquid mixture over the oats and honey and stir to combine. Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment-lined 9″ x 9″ casserole dish or baking tray and firmly press mixture into the pan using a spatula or the back of a glass. Make sure it is packed very tightly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (add more time for crunchier granola bars).
- Cool completely in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and cut into bars.
- These granola bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week. They are also freezer-friendly!
- For softer granola bars, store at room temperature. To keep them harder, store in the refrigerator.