Air fryer zucchini chips make an excellent snack or side dish — they are savory, salty, and flavorful! A quick and easy recipe made with 5 ingredients.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- cooking oil spray
- Cut the zucchini into thin slices with a mandoline slicer. Use a paper towel to pat the zucchini slices dry.
- Place zucchini slices in a mixing bowl and add salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and Parmesan. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Place the zucchini slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Cook at 300F until golden brown and crispy, about 10-15 minutes. For extra crispiness, cook for another 10-15 minutes. Check occasionally to make sure they aren’t getting burnt.
- To bake the zucchini chips: Place the zucchini slices in a single layer on a parchment lined quarter sheet baking pan. Lightly spray with cooking oil until evenly coated. Bake in a 275F preheated oven for 45 minutes until crispy, flipping once halfway through cooking.
How to freeze: These baked zucchini chips will store well in the freezer in a plastic freezer bag for up to 3 months. Reheat without thawing by following the same instructions as outlined above, adding a few minutes to account for extra moisture from freezing.
Avoid soggy chips: If you’re worried about reheating the chips to their original texture, you can easily avoid the hassle by slicing all of the zucchini at once, then make only as much as you can eat in one sitting and store the rest of the uncooked zucchini in the fridge for up to three days. You can pull them out any time and make a fresh, crispy, delicious batch of chips! This is also a great way to shave off some prep time for a make-ahead situation.
Don’t have a mandolin? Use a knife instead. If you don’t have a mandoline slicer on hand (you should totally get one if you slice veggies often), you can use a sharp knife to slice the zucchini into thin slices. Using a mandolin helps to majorly cut down on time and ensure uniformity — and as a result, even cooking.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer zucchini chips, zucchini chips, how to cook zucchini in the air fryer, baked zucchini chips,