Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken Bites are juicy, tender, and loaded with authentic Indian spices. This quick and easy air fryer recipe is perfect on busy weeknights.
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch thick cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder or garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- cooking oil spray
For the yogurt sauce (optional):
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch thick pieces and set aside in a large mixing bowl or Ziploc bag.
- Add paprika, curry powder, cumin, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the seasoning all over the chicken pieces to coat it evenly.
- Stir in yogurt, tomato paste, and oil. Toss well until evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight for the best results).
- Transfer the cubed chicken to the air fryer basket in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Spray with some cooking oil spray.
- Air fry at 350F for 13-15 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked through. The internal temperature for the chicken should reach 165F as read on a meat thermometer.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with yogurt sauce, if desired.
To make the yogurt sauce (optional):
- Make the yogurt sauce by whisking together yogurt, oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Refrigerate the sauce until ready to use.
How to store: Keep leftover tandoori chicken bites in a shallow airtight container for up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
How to reheat: Reheat tandoori chicken nuggets in the air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinate Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: air fryer tandoori chicken bites, air fryer tandoori chicken nuggets, air fryer tandoori chicken, tandoori chicken nuggets, tandoori chicken bites