- 1 pound short ribs (pork or beef), 1.5-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or oyster sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a large mixing bowl or Ziploc bag, combine the ribs with all the ingredients and mix well to coat evenly. If you use the Ziploc bag, press the seasoning around to coat evenly. Let the marinated ribs rest for at least 15 minutes to soak in all the flavour.
- Place the marinated ribs in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 350F for 13-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Shake the basket halfway to cook the ribs evenly. (See recipe tips for oven bake and deep fry instructions).
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce, such as spicy mayo, sweet chili sauce, ketchup, or ranch.
How to bake in the oven: Place the marinated short ribs in a single layer on a parchment-lined quarter sheet baking pan and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
How to deep fry: Heat oil in a medium cooking pot (at least 2-inches deep) over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes until the oil shimmers. Deep fry the marinated ribs until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Turn the ribs occasionally to get an even golden crust on all sides. Transfer the ribs on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
How to reheat: Reheat these dry short ribs in the air fryer at 350F for 5 to 10 minutes until warm and crispy. You can also reheat them in a 350F preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinate Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer short ribs, short ribs in the air fryer, asian short ribs, chinese short ribs, how to air fry short ribs, short ribs