Over 40 best vegetable side dishes which are quick and easy to make, healthy and delicious, and vegetarian and gluten-free with lots of vegan sides too. My favorite are these easy roasted spring vegetables.
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. medium asparagus, ends trimmed and halved
- 5-6 radishes (1/2 lb.), ends trimmed and halved
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, carrots, asparagus, radishes, parsnips and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine until well coated.
- Arrange the vegetable mixture in a single layer on a large half sheet baking pan.
- Bake at for 30 to 35 minutes until tender and golden brown. Gently shake the sheet pan halfway through baking to ensure even cooking.
You can make some of these vegetable side dish recipes ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for a few days or even in the freezer for up to 3 months. Otherwise, you can prepare the ingredients and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble and/or cook. Check the individual recipes for full make ahead and storing instructions.
To reheat, place any leftovers in the air fryer or the oven at 300F for 10-15 minutes until warmed through, or on the stovetop over medium-low heat (depending on the recipe). If heating from frozen, let it thaw first and then reheat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 40 best vegetable side dishes, vegetable side dish recipes, side dishes, vegetarian side dishes, vegan side dishes, vegetable side dishes