Browse 30 of the best and most popular Mexican recipes for Cinco de Mayo including tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, nachos, dips, salads, and more. One of my favorite are these Ground Beef Tacos.
For the ground beef taco filling:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup beef broth or water
For assembling the tacos:
- 1 (8-piece) package small flour tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion or white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 lime, wedged
- Heat oil in a large skillet for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles. Add ground beef and stir well to cook evenly until browned, about 6-8 minutes. Make sure to break up beef into small pieces to help even browning.
- Add cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, tomato paste and beef broth. Reduce heat to medium and let the mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens a bit, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Heat the soft flour tortillas according to the package instructions, or heat in an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds per side. You can also heat it directly on a gas burner for a few seconds to get char marks on the edges.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the ground beef mixture on each tortilla. Top with cheese, onion, tomato and cilantro. Add a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, to taste.
- airtight container for a few days at room temperature or in the refrigerator, and some can even be frozen, according to recipe directions. . You can prepare many of these recipes and party food ahead of time. Some can stored in an
- Prep your ingredients as much as possible. Once you have decided on the dishes that you are going to serve, prepare as much as you can in advance, whether that is chopping ingredients or prepping the dish and storing in the refrigerator until ready for the oven. Any little bit that you can prepare in advance will make things much less stressful when you just want to kick up your feet and enjoy the fiesta.
- Set the table the night before. Take out the special party serving dishes, festive napkins and whatever else you need to set up your meal table the night before. It's one less thing to worry about on Cinco de Mayo.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Party Food
- Method: Various
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: 30 best mexican recipes for cinco de mayo, best mexican recipes, best cinco de mayo recipes, mexican party food, recipes for a fiesta, cinco de mayo