Delicious, creamy skillet chicken with lemon garlic sauce is a one-skillet meal that is ready in 30 minutes. It's garlicky, saucy, creamy, and so flavourful.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally (about 1.3 lbs.)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 + 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup light cream or half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (approximately juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the shallots to the skillet. Saute for a couple minutes until soft and translucent. Stir in the chicken broth, cream, butter, garlic and red pepper powder. (Note: if you do not like spicy, add just a pinch of red pepper powder). Scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Bring sauce to a simmer. Simmer uncovered over medium heat for 12-15 minutes until sauce thickens and until sauce is reduced by half (or more if you desire a thicker consistency). This may take more or less time, depending on your stove. It will also thicken up slightly more in the oven.
- Remove skillet from the stovetop. Stir in the lemon juice and Italian parsley. Add in the chicken and toss to coat with sauce. Transfer skillet to the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and serve!
Simmer uncovered. To ensure that your sauce thickens, simmer uncovered over medium heat until the sauce is reduced by half. This should take 12-15 minutes, but could take longer depending on your stove.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: skillet chicken, one pan chicken, creamy chicken, garlic chicken, weeknight dinner, one pan