Put down that cup of instant noodles and make fresh, quick and easy vegetarian ramen in 15 minutes with fresh vegetables, noodles and authentic flavours.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 (3 oz) packs dried ramen noodles
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup green onions/scallions, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- sesame seeds (optional, for topping)
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a couple minutes until soft and fragrant. Stir in the soy sauce and mirin and cook for another minute. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs and cook for exactly 7 minutes for a slightly runny yoke or 8 minutes for a soft yolk. Remove eggs from the pot and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. After a few minutes, peel the shells off carefully and slice the eggs in half, lengthwise. Set aside.
- Bring another pot of water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook for about a minute, until just wilted. Remove from pot and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- Add ramen noodles to stock mixture and cook 2-3 minutes or according to package instructions. Add some hot sauce, to taste (optional).
- Divide the soup into 2 large bowls.
- Top with an egg, spinach, carrots and green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) and serve immediately.
Make this ramen vegan by omitting the soft-boiled egg.
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: ramen, vegetarian ramen, easy ramen, noodles, noodle soup, how to make ramen, quick and easy vegetarian ramen