No breakfast spread is complete without a stack of the best, soft and fluffiest old fashioned pancakes. Easy to make in less than 15 minutes!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 + 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 + 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- vegetable oil
- butter and maple syrup (for topping)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, vanilla and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined (will be lumpy). Do not over mix.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Dampen a paper towel with vegetable oil and rub on a large frying pan or griddle.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add pancake batter using a 1/4 measuring cup. Pour as many as fit in your pan or griddle.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until small bubbles have began to form on the surface and edges and the pancake is golden brown. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the other side is also golden brown.
- Repeat until batter is used up.
- Serve with extra butter, maple syrup and fruit.
- Tip: For a thick pancake, add a little less milk. For a thinner pancake, add more milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 10 minutes wait time
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pancakes, old-fashioned pancakes, fluffy pancakes