Take the stress out of the holidays and prepare easy make-ahead cranberry sauce days before the big holiday dinner!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz. cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, pour in the orange juice and add the sugar. Cook on high until the mixture boils. Stir to dissolve the sugars.
- Add the cranberries and bring mixture back to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to low and cook for 10 minutes, until the most of the cranberries burst.
- Once the cranberries have burst, add a pinch of cinnamon (optional).
- Remove from heat and mash with the back of a spoon.
- Let mixture cool at room temperature. Transfer mixture to a tupperware container and refrigerate overnight.