Craving crab cakes? Make baked tuna “crab” cakes instead for a quick, easy, and cheaper meal option that tastes just as good!
- 2 6-oz. cans of tuna, drained
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- vegetable oil
- sweet chilli dipping sauce or garlic aioli for serving (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, add the tuna, egg, green onions, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and ¼ cup of the panko bread crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 8 mini patties (about 1 and 1/2 inches in diameter). Coat the patties in the remaining ¼ cup of panko bread crumbs and and place on a plate. Place the plate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease a baking tray with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully place the patties on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with a side of sweet chilli dipping sauce or garlic aioli.
- Category: Appetizer