Nothing screams summer more than a crispy, crunchy, Asian cold noodle salad infused with a refreshing peanut, cilantro and lime dressing.
- 5 cups dried chow mein noodles (roughly 6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cut into thin 2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup carrots. cut into thin 2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 + 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 + 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (or brown sugar if vegan)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper powder (optional)
- Cook the noodles in a medium sized pot according to the package directions.
- Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water. If the noodles you have used are not pre-cut in short pieces, cut them into 2 or 3 inch pieces and set aside.
- In blender, add the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, honey, garlic and red pepper powder. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the noodles.
- Pour in the salad dressing and toss until all ingredients are fully coated. Serve cold.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: asian cold noodle salad, cold noodle salad, noodle salad, how to make asian noodle salad, asian noodle salad