Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: It’s easy to make gourmet soups at home. Spice up your soup regime today with this roasted red pepper and tomato soup | aheadofthyme.com
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 3 tomatoes, cored and halved
- 1/2 medium onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1–2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon. ground cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place red pepper, tomatoes, onion and garlic on a baking tray. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes and bell peppers with the cut-side up. Bake for 45 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable broth on medium heat. Add the roasted vegetables (reserve half a red bell pepper for garnish), tomato paste, parsley, paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine. Simmer for ten minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, purée the soup and transfer back into the pot. Cook on low heat for another 5 minutes. If you desire a thicker consistency, cook a few minutes longer. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and garnish with the reserved roasted red pepper. Serve with crackers.