You won't believe how easy it is to make fresh, flavourful and delicious almond-crusted halibut with lemon garlic butter this season.
Lemon Garlic Butter
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted (at room temperature)
- 2 fresh halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoon lemon garlic butter (as per recipe set out above)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoon ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place the halibut fillets on a lined baking tray and set aside.
- Lemon Garlic Butter: In a blender or food processor, blend together the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper until pureed. Add the butter and continue to blend until fully combined.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the lemon garlic butter on the top surface of each halibut fillet, covering the surface completely. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on top.
- Sprinkle 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of the ground almonds on each fillet and carefully spread over the butter to fully cover it.
- Bake the halibut for 5 minutes.
- While the halibut is still in the oven, change the oven to broil on high. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with a teaspoon of the remaining lemon garlic butter on top.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond-crusted halibut, halibut, baked halibut, lemon garlic butter, easy halibut recipe