You won't believe how easy it is to make fresh, flavourful and delicious almond-crusted halibut with lemon garlic butter this season.
Lemon Garlic Butter
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted (at room temperature)
- 2 fresh halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoon lemon garlic butter (as per recipe set out above)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoon ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place the halibut fillets on a lined baking tray and set aside.
- Lemon Garlic Butter: In a blender or food processor, blend together the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper until pureed. Add the butter and continue to blend until fully combined.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the lemon garlic butter on the top surface of each halibut fillet, covering the surface completely. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on top.
- Sprinkle 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of the ground almonds on each fillet and carefully spread over the butter to fully cover it.
- Bake the halibut for 5 minutes.
- While the halibut is still in the oven, change the oven to broil on high. Broil for 2-5 more minutes (my oven takes 5 minutes). Keep a close eye on your broiler as every oven is different, and things can burn quickly. The inside of the fillets should be moist and flaky, while the outside almond crust should be a little crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with a teaspoon of the remaining lemon garlic butter on top.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond-crusted halibut, halibut, baked halibut, lemon garlic butter, easy halibut recipe