Whether you are feeding your own family or entertaining a large number of guests, this vegetarian egg and potato breakfast casserole is a huge hit at brunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, diced into small 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (divided into 1/2 teaspoon and 1/4 teaspoon)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (divided into 1/2 teaspoon and 1/4 teaspoon)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" x 9" (approx.) casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onions for 1 minute. Add the green peppers, potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and continue to saute for another 4 minutes until onions are soft and tender. Transfer to the casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and remaining salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture evenly into the casserole dish. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top (optional).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until eggs are cooked firmly.
- Category: Eggs
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg and potato breakfast casserole, breakfast casserole, egg casserole, egg and potato bake, egg bake