This heavenly combination of farfalle pasta, mushrooms and creamy rosé sauce makes up the best and creamiest Italian comfort food.
- 4 cups dry farfalle pasta (or any pasta that you like)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cups crimini (brown) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups tomato puree (may be called crushed tomatoes)
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to the pot.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes until soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and continue to sauté for about a minute.
- Add the tomato puree and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and add the cream. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pot of drained pasta. Add Parmesan cheese and toss to coat.