Farfalle pasta with mushroom rose sauce is creamy yet light, delicious and flavorful, and quick and easy to make in 20 minutes. Best comfort food dinner!
- 4 cups dry farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups crimini (brown) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente or according to package instructions, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes until soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes until they start to soften. Add garlic, Italian seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and continue to sauté until the mushrooms start to caramelize, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and add the cream. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pot of drained pasta. Add Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Season with extra salt and pepper to taste (if needed). You can also plate the pasta and pour the sauce on top.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan on top and chopped parsley, if desired.
How to store: Keep leftover creamy farfalle pasta with mushroom rose sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
How to reheat: This pasta reheats well in the microwave on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir occasionally, every 30-90 seconds. Be sure to heat in a covered microwave-safe dish and avoid overheating, which can make the pasta tough. You can also reheat on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through. If the sauce has thickened up too much when stored in the fridge, just add a splash of water to thin it out.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: farfalle pasta with mushroom rosé sauce, mushroom rose pasta, vegetarian pasta with creamy mushroom sauce, creamy mushroom pasta, creamy mushroom rose pasta