Craving a big serving of mashed potatoes but with a quarter of the calories? Now you can with creamy garlic mashed cauliflower. Ready in just 20 minutes.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh herbs (optional, for garnish)
- Bring a large cooking pot of salted water to boil. Add the cauliflower florets and turn the heat down to medium. Cook covered for 15 minutes until cauliflower is soft and tender. When the cauliflower is ready, remove from heat and drain.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic for about 2 minutes until fragrant and soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the cooked cauliflower, sautéed garlic with the butter it was cooked in, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Puree on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Serve hot and sprinkle some fresh herbs (such as parsley, chives or rosemary) and freshly cracked black pepper on top.
Recipe video: Watch the quick video tutorial in the blog post to see how easy it is to make creamy garlic mashed cauliflower.
How to store: This quick and easy recipe can be prepared up to 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How to reheat: To reheat, transfer to a skillet or cooking pot and heat on low heat until warmed through, about 1-2 minutes. You can also reheat in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mashed cauliflower, cauliflower mash, garlic mashed cauliflower, cauliflower recipes