Imagine having a nice big serving of mashed potatoes but with a quarter of the calories. Now you can with creamy garlic mashed cauliflower!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped into quarters
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chives or rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the cauliflower florets and turn the heat down to medium. Cook covered for 15 minutes until cauliflower is soft and tender. When the cauliflower is cooked, remove from heat and drain.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Saute the garlic for about 2 minutes until soft. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the cooked cauliflower, sautéed garlic and the butter it was cooked in, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Serve hot and sprinkle some chives or rosemary on top.
- Watch the quick RECIPE VIDEO above to see how simple this soup is to make.