Make your own Chinese fried rice with shrimp in 25 minutes, from prep to dinner table, and watch how quickly you will never order take-out again!
- 1 and 1/2 cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 green onions, sliced and separated into “whiter” half and “green” half
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups day old cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together shrimp, ginger, salt and pepper. Let shrimp marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionaly, for about 2-3 minutes until the shrimp turn pink. Transfer to a plate (reserving the oil in the pan) and set aside.
- Pour the eggs in the same pan on medium heat. Cook one side and flip over and cook the other side. Transfer the eggs to a plate and cut it into small strips. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat the sesame oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and the “white” half of the green onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes until onions become soft.
- Stir in carrots, peas and corn and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the rice, soy sauce, chicken stock powder, white pepper and the rest of the green onions. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and eggs and stir well to combine.