Juicy long strips of chicken shaped perfectly for dipping and coated with a flawless crispy and crunchy exterior, baked crispy chicken strips are a pleaser.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into long strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- dipping sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Line a cooking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil or brush with oil.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the panko breadcrumbs and cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously until the breadcrumbs start to brown. Be careful not to burn them, you only want them to slightly turn a golden colour. Remove from heat and mix in the italian seasoning blend, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat your egg. Add the mayonnaise and continue to beat. Pour into a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, add the flour.
- Now, start coating your chicken strips. First, dip the chicken into the flour and fully coat it. Next, dip it into the egg mixture and fully coat. Lastly, place your chicken into the panko breadcrumb mixture and coat fully.
- Place the coated chicken strip onto your cooking tray. Continue for all pieces.
- Bake the strips for 15-18 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve immediately with a side of your favourite dipping sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked crispy chicken strips, baked chicken tenders, chicken breast, easy chicken recipe, kids meal