Treat yourself and indulge in easy to make, rich and gooey, mini molten chocolate lava cakes.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium, heat-proof bowl over a pot of hot water (for clearer instructions on how to melt chocolate, refer to my link below).
- Once melted, remove the bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Slowly sift the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture. Beat on low using an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs and egg yolk and continue to beat until the eggs are fully incorporated into the mixture. Add vanilla extract.
- Beat on high for 3 minutes until the batter is creamy.
- Chill the batter in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Generously grease the bottom and sides of the ramekins (or muffin tray) with butter. Brush some cocoa powder inside the ramekin and shake off any excess powder.
- Pour the batter inside about 3/4 high,
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Gently invert each cake onto a plate. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top and garnish with some berries. Serve with a side of vanilla ice cream.