This easy 10-minute vegan light and creamy avocado basil pesto spaghetti is loaded with avocado, basil, walnuts, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
- 200 g dry spaghetti
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- juice of one lemon
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain in a colander.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and puree into a creamy and thick paste.
- Add to drained pasta and toss to combine. If you find the sauce to be too thick, add a little bit of water.
Make extra pesto. You can use this sauce on just about anything, so make some extra pesto and use it throughout the week. It is amazing spread on toast or in your sandwich. You can also use it to make a quinoa salad. Just stir some into cooked quinoa and add some chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and kale and you are set for lunch. SO so good.
How to store extra pesto. Make sure to store the pesto sauce in an airtight, sealed container. Since this sauce consists mainly of avocado, the sauce will change colour from its beautiful vibrant green to a dark olive colour. This is because avocado naturally browns. To prevent this, I recommend to also store it with plastic cling wrap touching the surface to prevent any oxidization.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: avocado pasta, avocado basil pesto, avocado spaghetti, vegan spaghetti, vegan pasta sauce