So quick and easy to make, baked to perfection chicken quesadillas will become a go-to recipe that the whole family will love.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 tortilla wraps (10-inch)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- guacamole (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Arrange one oven rack on the top shelf and the other on the bottom. Preheat your boiler on high.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cubed chicken in the fajita seasoning. Set aside while oven preheats.
- When the oven is ready, place the chicken on a greased baking tray. Place the tray on the top shelf of the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Then, set the oven on bake at 350 F.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium. Add the red pepper, green pepper, onion and chicken. Continuously stir and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a tortilla wrap and spread half the chicken mixture onto one side. Sprinkle with half the cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. Fold the tortilla wrap over and place on a baking tray.
- Repeat with the second tortilla wrap.
- Place tray in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into 4 slices and serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican