Ready in under 30 minutes, try this delicious and creamy vegetarian Thai yam and sweet potato yellow curry.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 yam, cubed
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 1 - 14 oz. can of lite coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tbsp. cold water
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- In a wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute the sweet onions until translucent.
- Add the sweet potato, yam, and and curry paste. Toss until combined.
- Add the coconut milk and cornstarch mixture (cornstarch dissolved in water) and mix well.
- Turn heat down on low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, fish sauce (optional), lime juice and 1/4 cup of peanuts. Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice and garnish with 2 tbsp. of chopped peanuts.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Thai