Juicy, tender and bursting with flavour, Persian style lamb chops (lamb shashlik) will be your new favourite way to make lamb chops.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 medium onion, cut in large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, whole clove
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground saffron
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 10 lamb chops (I used lamb loin chops)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinade the lamb: Combine the yogurt, onions, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in your food processor and blend.
- Dissolve the ground saffron in the hot water.
- Add the saffron mixture to your food processor and continue to blend until sauce is yellow.
- Place the lamb chops in a large ziploc bag or tupperware container.
- Pour the marinade on the lamb chops and fully coat.
- Marinade in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours.
- Cook: Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove lamb chops from fridge and let it come back to room temperature while you are waiting for the oven to preheat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain and transfer the lamb to the skillet. Discard the rest of the marinade.
- Sear the lamb, cooking for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the lamb onto a lined baking tray
- Roast for 10 minutes (for medium-rare) or cook to your preference. Flip halfway through.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern