Better than takeout, Thai coconut red curry with prawns is easy, quick, and full of so much flavour! Cook this perfect weeknight dinner in just 15 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 (400 ml) can of coconut milk, regular or lite
- 1 tablespoon dried lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 12-15 prawns, deveined
- 1-2 cups snap peas (or green beans)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- lime wedges (optional, for serving)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan or wok on medium heat. Add the red curry paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in coconut milk, lemongrass and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns, snap peas (or green beans), and bell peppers. Cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes until prawns are cooked.
- Take the wok off heat and add the fish sauce, lime juice and basil leaves. Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve with rice or noodles, and lime wedges on the side.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Curry
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai red curry, prawn curry, red curry, curry, weeknight dinner