Inspired by Starbucks lemon loaf, this moist, homemade lemon loaf with lemon glaze has the perfect balance between sweet and tangy, and so so flavourful.
For the lemon loaf:
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (or zest from 1 large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, and sugar, and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in oil, lemon extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice and continue to beat until smooth.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and beat until just combined (about 30-60 seconds). Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, and bake for 50 mins. Check that it is done with a toothpick.
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow the loaf to cool in the pan for an hour. Then, remove loaf from the pan and allow it to cool on a wire rack for another 1-2 hours, until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, add the icing sugar. Slowly add in the lemon juice and continually stir until smooth and desired consistency is achieved. The icing should be thick but can still be poured. If the icing is too runny, add more sugar. If it is too thick, add some more lemon juice.
- Evenly drizzle glaze over the lemon loaf and allow it to set and dry before slicing the loaf.
How to store: Lemon loaf cake is best stored at room temperature, wrapped in plastic wrap, and consumed within 2-3 days. It stays moist and fresh for days. To store longer than 3 days, wrap the loaf in plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Note that when stored in the fridge, the loaf will dry out slightly and it will not retain the same level of moistness as when stored at room temperature. Thus why room temperature is recommended.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon loaf, lemon pound cake, lemon cake, starbucks lemon loaf, easy lemon cake