Inspired by the lemon loaf from Starbucks, the best lemon loaf with lemon glaze emanates the perfect balance between sweet and tangy. It is the perfect complement to a warm cup of tea and a good book.
For the loaf:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (or zest from 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1–2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, and yogurt and whisk until smooth. Drizzle in oil and continue whisking.
- Add lemon zest, extract and juice and continue to whisk.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk for about one minute until fully combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50 mins. Check that it is done with a toothpick.
- Allow loaf to cool in the loaf pan for an hour. Then remove loaf from the pan and allow it to cool on a wire rack for another hour or 2 until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, add the icing sugar. Slowly mix in the lemon juice and continually stir until smooth.
- Evenly drizzle glaze over bread. Allow glaze to set and dry before slicing.