Make flavourful, Chinese restaurant-style vegetarian fried rice at home in 10 minutes, with fully customizable ingredients, and say good-bye to take-out!
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups freshly cooked white rice (can use leftover rice)
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Italiano seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon green onions (approximately 1 full stem), chopped
- 1 teaspoon maggi sauce
- 1 teaspoon roasted black sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over medium high heat for one minute. Add beaten eggs, and stir until scrambled and cooked through, yet still tender.
- Add the rice and turn the heat up to high. It's very important to cook fried rice over high heat to achieve the best texture. If you are using leftover rice, add up to 1/4 cup of water to soften the rice.
- Add carrots, sweet corn, and peas to the pan. Continuously stir for 2 minutes to cook and evenly mix and distribute the ingredients.
- Add sesame oil, salt, and Italiano seasoning, and keep stirring, for about 1 minute. Add maggie sauce and green onions at the end and stir to combine.
- Serve hot and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
You will need to continuously stir throughout the cooking process to ensure even distribution of heat across the dish, and even cooking. Fried rice is about uniformity. The rice is supposed to be evenly cooked and all the pieces should have the exact same flavour and texture.
- Category: Rice
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: fried rice, rice, vegetarian fried rice, chinese fried rice, weeknight dinner