Whip up classic smooth and creamy hummus dip at home in just 5 minutes, by combining chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in the blender.
- 1 (400 ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid and 10 chickpeas for garnish)
- 1/4 cup tahini sesame paste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- roasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place chickpeas, reserved liquid, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and salt, in a blender or food processor. Puree until well blended and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and drizzle some olive oil on top. Garnish with reserved chickpeas (as is or roasted), roasted sesame seeds and a sprinkle of paprika.
How to store hummus: Hummus lasts 7-10 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it in an airtight container and let it thaw in the refrigerator when ready to serve.
How to roast chickpeas for the topping: Toss in some olive oil, and roast in the air fryer at 350 F for 5-8 minutes. You can also bake them in the oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Category: Dip
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: hummus, hummus dip, chickpea dip, tahini dip, creamy hummus