This radicchio and mandarin orange salad with walnuts and currants is more than just contrasting colours and looks! It is bursting with incredible flavours in every bite.
- 1 (5 oz.) bag baby mixed greens
- 1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 5 small mandarin oranges (reserve zest from 1 orange for dressing)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup currants
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- zest from 1 orange
- To assemble salad, combine mixed greens and radicchio in a large bowl or on individual plates. Layer with segmented oranges, toasted walnuts, and currants. Top with grated Parmesan.
- To make dressing, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk vigorously, then add orange zest and stir once more.
- Serve salad with dressing on top or on the side.
You can substitute currants with raisins or dried cranberries instead.