Mandarin orange salad is fresh, vibrant, tangy, and sweet, bursting with flavour, and topped with a delicious orange salad dressing.
- 1 (5 oz.) bag baby mixed greens
- 1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 5 small mandarin oranges (and reserve zest from 1 orange for dressing)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup currants
- Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- zest from one orange
- Combine mixed greens and radicchio in a large bowl or on individual plates. Layer with segmented mandarin oranges, toasted walnuts, and currants. Top with shaved Parmesan.
- Make the dressing in a small mixing bowl by combining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon, salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously to combine, then add orange zest and stir once more.
- Serve salad with dressing on top or on the side.
How to customize: You can use any greens such as romaine, spinach, arugula, kale or mixed greens. You can also substitute the walnuts for other nuts such as pecans or almonds, and substitute the currants for raisins or cranberries.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mandarin orange salad, mandarin orange salad with raddichio, easy mandarin orange salad, easy winter salad, orange salad