Looking for the perfect dip that goes with everything? Make classic, refreshing and cool tzatziki sauce in just a matter of minutes.
- 3/4 large cucumber, unpeeled
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- kalamata olives (for garnish)
- pita bread (for dipping)
- Grate the cucumber and drain through a cheesecloth, fine mesh sieve or using your hands.
- Transfer drained cucumber to a medium bowl. Add the yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to let the flavours infuse into the yogurt.
- Serve with pita bread and olives.
This tastes best when chilled overnight.