Nothing says comfort food like a bowl of slow cooker loaded baked potato soup topped with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and green onions.
- 7 cups russet potatoes (about 4 large potatoes), chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Combine all ingredients (except the cream and toppings) into a large crock pot.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low, until potatoes are tender.
- Mash gently with a potato masher until you reach the consistency that you like (I like to leave it a little lumpy). For a fully pureed soup, use a food processor to puree.
- Stir in the cream.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and sprinkle on cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and green onions.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American