Classic deviled eggs are a simple and easy to whip up, go-to appetizer for all your party, picnic or “just because” needs! They are basically a hand-held egg salad sandwich, without the bun. Umm…yum!?
Classic deviled eggs are a go-to for when you need to make something quick — think brunch, picnics, barbecues, or pot-luck lunches. After the eggs are cooked and peeled, it will take only 10 minutes to make the filling, pipe (or spoon) it into the egg white halves, sprinkle some paprika and voila! All done! Yup, only 10 minutes and your mouth can say hello to gorgeous and delicious deviled eggs.
You can never go wrong with a classic recipe. However, if you want to venture out a little, you certainly can. This recipe is 100% versatile. Use this recipe as a base and jazz it up by adding one of the following ingredients:
- chopped dill
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley and scallions
- tuna and pickles
Classic Deviled Eggs
Classic deviled eggs are a simple and easy to whip up, go-to appetizer for all your party, picnic or “just because” needs!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Appetizer
- 6 eggs
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper powder (optional)
- smoked paprika
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water so that there is 1-2 inches of water above the eggs.
- Heat on high and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside for 14 minutes.
- Run eggs through cold water for 1 minute.
- Carefully peel eggs and slice lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Set egg whites aside.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks until crumbly.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add red pepper powder for a kick. Mix together.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into egg whites.
- Sprinkle paprika on top and serve.
These deviled eggs are best served fresh. However, you can store them for up to 2 days in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.