It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Laaaa de daaa de daaa!! It has been snowing all week and all I can think about is a hot cup of tea, Netflix and some Christmas crack… sorry I mean some chocolate and peppermint Christmas bark.
This is one of new favourite recipes for the holidays. I first tried it last year when a co-worker brought it in to work. It was so addicting and as soon as I was done, I needed another fix… which is basically why this bark has rightfully earned the nickname of “Christmas crack”. When I realized just how easy it was to make, I literally grabbed my purse and was out the door to the supermarket! Shortly thereafter, I had a new stash of bark at my disposal.
Surprisingly, I am just getting around to making this stuff again this year. But, nevertheless, I am ecstatic to reunite with chocolate and peppermint Christmas bark. A big cookie jar full of this stuff just adds a little extra Christmas cheer in our home… well for maybe a day until we run out…
- 12 ounces high quality dark chocolate
- 12 ounces high quality white chocolate
- ⅓ cup crushed peppermint candy
- ⅓ cup green and red smarties or m&m's
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate until smooth. Pour onto the parchment paper and spread out using a spatula, until it is about ⅓ " thick. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to slightly harden.
- Melt the white chocolate and pour on top of the dark chocolate. Carefully spread out the white chocolate with a spatula, covering the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermints and smarties/m&m's on top of the white chocolate while it is still melted.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for 2 hours (or 45 mins in the freezer) until the chocolate hardens.
- Break the chocolate apart into pieces and enjoy!