After having take-out for lunch twice this week, I was craving something healthy. I went to the local grocery store and picked out some ingredients for a salad. When I came home, I started putting away my purchases and noticed some leftover hummus from a batch I made earlier this week. I really can’t get enough of this stuff! So, I decided to create a vegan hummus wrap instead of a salad. It is simple, involves minimal prep time, very healthy, and absolutely delicious!
This recipe is very basic and requires only a few ingredients:
- Hummus: I used my classic homemade hummus recipe and I highly recommend that you make your own 🙂
- Tortilla wrap: I used a spinach tortilla wrap for extra flavour.
- Vegetables and greens: I filled this wrap up with spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes and avocado.
- Seasonings: I seasoned this with salt and pepper.
You can, of course, alter this recipe and add any other ingredients that you like or substitute any of the above ingredients. As a suggestion, carrots, cucumber and alfalfa sprouts make great additions to this wrap! If I had some on hand, I would have also included those.
I also like to shred some of favourite smoked gouda cheese on top. But because I am keeping this wrap vegan, I opted not to include it this time.
- 1 tortilla wrap
- ¾ cup hummus
- ½ tomato, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 cup spinach and mixed greens
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the hummus into a long rectangular shape down the centre of the tortilla wrap.
- Next, layer the sliced avocado and tomato on top.
- Top up with mixed greens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap the tortilla into a burrito shape and cut in the middle.