It’s game day! And what better appetizer to serve than a baked spinach dip? This warm, rich and creamy spinach dip makes the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer not just on game day but at any party.
I’m a Patriots fan through marriage. To be honest, I’ve never watched football until I started dating my husband. But my husband is a bit of a football addict. When he’s not watching the game, he is checking stats on his phone. And not just on the Patriots, but on EVERY team in the league. So now, the story of my life is football on Sundays, Monday nights and Thursday nights… (help!) I have come to terms with the fact that I have to say good-bye to the remote control on those days. But I quite enjoy game days because it’s a good excuse to invite friends over. And, setting up an array of light snacks and appetizers is easy.
The baked spinach dip is our favourite. I would have to say that it is everyone’s favourite too. Whenever I serve it, it is the first one to be finished. The reason that this is so delicious must have to do with the perfect balance between the spinach and the cheesy mixture. Or perhaps it is the slow, warm baking process that turns this dip into a bite of heaven! The oven creates a warm, creamy, cheesy and flavourful dip that melts in your mouth. Not to mention the little burnt and charred parts on the surface and edges. YUMMM! Serve this right out of the oven with a sliced baguette or with your favourite crackers. Today, I am serving it with a Mediterranean olive loaf. Any bets on how last the dip will last? 🙂
- 1 - 8 oz. block of cream cheese (softened is ideal)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ½ cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese)
- ½ cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 -10 oz. pack of chopped frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, except the spinach, and mix until well blended.
- Add spinach and continue to mix until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a small casserole dish (about 3" x 3")
- Sprinkle some shredded asiago cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Looking for more game day appetizers?
Check out my roundup: 5 Easy Super Bowl Appetizers.