Don’t have a lot of time for breakfast? Make an avocado and egg toast. It is quick and easy and makes for a delicious and healthy breakfast.
This recipe combines brings together the best of two amazing worlds: eggs and avocado. I love eggs. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My love affair with eggs was so intense that I used to eat an egg breakfast almost daily. More recently, however, I have cut down my egg-intake to two times a week, just to be healthier. And what can I say about avocado? Give me a spoon and an avocado and I am happy with life!
This is my kind of breakfast when I am on the go in the mornings. Ten minutes before I am ready to eat, I will quickly grab an egg, fill up a saucepan with some water and leave it on the stove to boil. I set on a timer and go back to my room to continue getting ready. By the time I am ready, my egg is cooked and ready to be peeled. I simply need to:
- Toast the bread: I used my favourite bread – Persian Sangak bread. You can interchange this with a slice of any type of bread.
- Spread the avocado: I used some left-over avocado that I had in my fridge. This recipe is a great way to use up any avocado that is in your fridge that you need to use ASAP before it starts to go bad.
- Place egg on top: I use vegetarian-fed type eggs to get that rich deep yellow/orange yolk. They are the only eggs I buy because I find them to be THE tastiest. I find the slightly higher price to be well worth it!
- 1 egg
- ½ avocado
- 1 slice of toast or your favourite bread
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place egg in boiling water for 10-12 minutes (until it is medium-boiled).
- Toast the bread in the toaster.
- Slice avocado and smear on toast.
- Peel and cut the medium-boiled egg into quarters. Place on top of the avocado spread.
- Season with salt and pepper.
You may also like to try these for breakfast:
- Egg and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Mediterranean Scrambled Eggs with Spinach, Tomato and Feta
- Cinnamon and Walnut Porridge
- 5-Minute Super Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Green Smoothie Bowl
- Almond Pecan Granola
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins